Late again. Finally getting on top of things. Stay tuned.
- RB Chris Ivory 29 carries for 166 yards, TD vs. MIA
2. QB Eli Manning 20/35 for 212 yards, 3 TDs, INT, 91.6 passer rating vs. BUF
3. RB Devonta Freeman 14 carries for 68 yards, 3 TDs vs. HOU
First running back to score three touchdowns in his first two starts. Seven touchdowns in his first four games, the most since LaDainian Tomlinson had eight in 2005.
4. RB Todd Gurley 19 carries for 146 yards vs. ARI
5. RB Justin Forsett 27 carries for 150 yards vs. PIT
Worst of the Worst
5. Eagles blow game late to Washington, fall to 1-3
4. Dolphins crushed by Jets, fire Philbin
3. QB Jameis Winston 26/43 for 287 yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs, 57.0 passer rating vs. CAR
2. Blown call in endzone for illegal touching in DET-SEA game
- Josh Scobee misses two late field goals, leads to Steelers losing in overtime.
Josh freaking Scobee. I don’t think I’ve hated a Steelers player this much since Tommy Maddux. I don’t know what kicker we traded for, but I’m fairly certain it wasn’t Josh Scobee because Scobee could kick when he was in Jacksonville. The player that was in the lineup for the Steelers these past few weeks clearly could not. Scobee missed two crucial field goals against the Ravens, allowing Baltimore time to regain its composure, tie the game, and win it in overtime. There also was Todd Haley’s questionable play calls on two fourth down opportunities in the fourth quarter, a quarterback designed run, which failed miserably, and a pass that Vick threw over the head of Antonio Brown. In short yardage, handing it to Le’Veon Bell, who ran over the Ravens defense most of the game, was the clear choice and I still remain dumbfounded why the Steelers didn’t take that option.
The Steelers should have beat this team. The Ravens are far worse than I expected them to be this year and you cannot lose to division rivals at home, not in the AFC North. They go on the road to San Diego this week, who is also falling behind my expectations. Melvin Gordon hasn’t been the dynamic player everyone expected and the Chargers defense struggled to hold Cleveland. I still have the Chargers for this game though because of the Steelers poor secondary. It’s definitely a winnable game for Pittsburgh though.
Game of the Week: Seahawks @ Bengals
If you didn’t get a chance to see this game, you missed out big time. Best game of the year thus far.