1. QB Ryan Tannehill 26/36 for 228 yards, 3 TDs, INT. 104.9 QBR, 4 carries for 15 yards, TD vs. DEN
2. WR Odell Beckham Jr. 10 receptions for 146 yards, 2 TDs vs. DAL
3. RB C.J. Anderson 27 carries for 167 yards, TD vs. MIA
4. RB Justin Forsett 22 carries for 182 yards, 2 TDs vs. NO
5. QB Peyton Manning 28/35 for 257 yards, 4 TDs, 135.4 QBR vs. MIA
Worst of the Worst
1. Jets allow seven sacks, only get 218 total yards vs. BUF after Buffalo had no practice because of snowstorm
2. QB Brian Hoyer 23/40 for 322 yards, 3 INTs, 52.3 QBR vs. ATL
3. QB Josh McCown 25/48 for 341 yards, TD, 2 INTs, Fmb, 64.7 QBR vs. CHI
4. QB Robert Griffin III 11/19 for 106 yards, five sacks, Fmb, 73.6 QBR vs. SF
5. QB Matt Stafford 18/46 for 264 yards, INT, 49.5 QBR vs. NE
The Steelers had their week 12 bye, which hopefully allowed them to resolve some in-house issues with the team. CB Ike Taylor and S Troy Polamalu are expected to return for this Sunday’s game against the Saints. The Saints have been deflating since the beginning of the year and I expect that to continue when they come to Heinz Field, where in his last two game, Ben has thrown a combined 12 touchdowns.
Game of the Week: Patriots @ Packers
Probably the easiest pick I’ve made all year, it’s the first time Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers will face off, which is surprising considering the amount of time they’ve both been in the league. Aaron Rodgers missed the previous meeting in 2010 with injury. Matt Flynn started the game but the Patriots won in Foxborough 31-27. Rodgers came back the next game and went on a six-game winning streak in route to winning Super Bowl XLV.
However, these teams are very different from what they were four years ago. In 2010, the Patriots had BenJarvus Green-Ellis behind Brady and Welker was Brady’s top target. Jerod Mayo led not just the team, but the league in tackles (175). He’s out for the season with a knee injury. New England also led the league in points per game (32.7).
The Packers had Greg Jennings and Donald Driver.
Despite all the changes, this should still be one of the best games of the season and I’d be surprised if it was a blowout. In Lambeau, I got to take Green Bay.