1. Seahawks amazing comeback vs. GB
Become first defending champion to make the Super Bowl in 10 years.
2. Jermaine Kearse’s redemption story: During the game, Kearse was thrown to five times and four of those passes resulted in an interception. Wilson didn’t give up on him and threw one pass his way in overtime, which ended in the game-winning score.
3. RB LeGarrette Blount 30 carries for 148 yards, 3 TDs vs. IND
4. RB Marshawn Lynch 25 carries for 157 yards, TD vs. GB
5. QB Tom Brady 23/35 for 226 yards, 3 TDs, INT, 100.4 QBR vs. IND
Worst of the Worst
1. GB kicks five field goals including two inside the 20-yard line, contribute to one of the biggest playoff losses in recent memory.
2. QB Russell Wilson 14/29 for 209 yards, TD, 4 INTs, 44.3 QBR vs. GB
3. QB Andrew Luck 12/33 for 126 yards, 2 INTs, 23.0 QBR vs. NE
4. Colts get 209 total yards on offense, allow 177 on the ground and seven red zone drives in 45-7 throttling.
5. Marshawn Lynch continues press conference charades.
Before I go over my Super Bowl prediction, here are some of the Super Bowl records that are up for grabs on Sunday.
Most Super Bowl MVPs: 3, Joe Montana
Most starts at quarterback: 6, Tom Brady
Highest passer rating: 150.92, Phil Simms, NYG vs. DEN, SB XXI
Lowest passer rating to win game: 22.6, Ben Roethlisberger, PIT vs. SEA, SB XL
Most passing yards: 414, Kurt Warner, STL vs. TEN, SB XXXIV
Most rushing yards: 204, Timmy Smith, WAS vs. DEN, SB XXII
Most receiving yards: 215, Jerry Rice, SF vs. CIN, SB XXIII
Most interceptions: 3, Rod Martin, OAK vs. PHI, SB XV
Most tackles: 12, Gary Brackett, IND vs. NO, SB XLIV
Most sacks: 3, Reggie White, GB vs. NE, SB XXXI and Darnell Dockett, ARI vs. PIT, SB XLIII
Longest field goal: 54 yards, Steve Christie, BUF vs. DAL, SB XXVIII
Super Bowl prediction: NE vs. SEA
I’m not happy about this matchup because I didn’t want to see either of these teams win. The Seahawks are looking to become the first repeat champions in a decade and the Patriots are looking to continue their dynasty reign. I hate Blount and Gronk and I hate Carroll, Lynch and Sherman. Overall, I’m rooting for the Patriots because I just hate the Seahawks too much. It should be a close one, probably about 27-21 New England.